Marquette Senior High School
U.P. Girls Soccer Championship
Saturday, May 18, 2013~Kaufman Sports Complex
Competing Teams: Varsity: Hancock Iron Mtn Kingsford Marquette Varsity
JV: Cheboygan JV Hurley Ironwood Marquette JV
Entry Fee: $175.00 per team payable to:
MSHS Committee for HS Soccer
1201 W. Fair Ave
Marquette, MI 4985
Admission: $5.00 per person
Gate fees defray the cost of City of Marquette for field use.
Schedule: Field 1: Hawley St Field near the entrance
Field 2: Middle Field near the bathrooms
Additional Info: In case of inclement weather, tourney will be cancelled by 4 pm EST on Friday, May 17. Please send contact info on attached sheet.
A concession stand will be available by the new pavilion/bathroom facility on the North end of Field 2. Please help us defray the cost of hosting the tournament by purchasing items from the concession.
- No tents on spectator side of field
- No dogs
- No one behind team benches
- All one color undergarments
- 2 sets of jerseys
Hawley St Field Near Concessions
9:30 am Field 1 Field 2
Hancock vs Iron Mountain Marquette Var vs Kingsford
11:00 am Field 1 Field 2
Hurley vs Cheboygan JV Marquette JV vs Ironwood
12:30 pm Field 1 Field 2
Kingsford vs Hancock Iron Mountain vs Marquette Var
2:00 pm Field 1 Field 2
Ironwood vs Hurley Cheboygan JV vs Marquette JV
3:30 Field 1 Field 2
Iron Mountain vs Kingsford Marquette Var vs Hancock
5:00 Field 1 Field 2
Cheboygan JV vs Ironwood Marquette JV vs Hurley
- All MHSAA rules and procedures will apply.
- The team listed second will be the home team and will be required to change if there is a conflict of jersey colors.
- Yellow cards will not carry over to later games, but referees will be informed of the nature of the infraction. Red cards will automatically disqualify a player for the rest of the tournament.
- The home team will occupy the North bench and the away team the South bench.
- Each game shall consist of 2-30 minute halves- no overtime periods. Half time will be 10 min.
- Scoring for games will be 6 points for a win, 3 points for a tie, 1 point for a shut-out, 0 points for a loss, 1 point per goal (max. of 3)—maximum of 10 points per game.
- Tie break rules: 1. Head to Head. 2. Goals for v Goals against. 3. 5 player shootout